Celebrating 5 Years of Providing Free Legal Services to Immigrants in Need
Join Justice For Our Neighbors of Southeastern Michigan (JFON-SEMI) for a special night in celebration of five years of service welcoming newcomers to our community.
JFON-SEMI is a faith-driven ministry that welcomes immigrants into our churches and communities by providing free, high-quality immigration legal services, educating immigrant communities about their rights, and advocating for immigration reform. Over the past five years, JFON has helped 172 low-income immigrants from 37 countries work lawfully in the United States, safely unite with their family, and be protected from deportation.
We look forward to sharing our accomplishments and plans for the future. We are also honored to recognize the outstanding work of our volunteers who create a warm, caring, and welcoming environment. From scheduling appointments to providing refreshments and childcare during legal consultations, our volunteers serve as the backbone of JFON-SEMI's legal clinics.
Meet your neighbors and also get to know our staff, board, and volunteers while:
- Savoring a Middle Eastern buffet dinner
- Bidding on specialty items donated for our silent auction
- Enjoying performances by:
* Brazil and Beyond: Jazz-influenced Brazilian and World Music band. Brazil and Beyond's Amanha CD won best sound recording in 2001 by WEMU-FM and its Sounds of the Holidays CD won the 2006 Detroit Music Award in the World Music category.
* Gary Allen: Gary is a lifelong musician who has traveled the country performing as a guitarist with jazz and show bands. Gary was also the bassist on two LP records: "J.R. Montrose in Action" and "Al Jerreau 1965". Other artists Gary has performed with include Ira Sullivan, David Sanborn, Anita O'Day, and John Hendricks.
* MATICES: Traditional Mexican Folk Dance Troupe
If you're unable to attend this year's annual gathering, please consider making a tax deductible donation: Donation Link
Please note that a small portion of event proceeds will go to National Justice For Our Neighbors to support the provision of legal services to low-income immigrants through a national network of Justice For Our Neighbor sites that includes JFON-SEMI.
Beverly Hills United Methodist Church (View)
20000 West 13 Mile Road
Beverly Hills, MI 48025
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|